Saturday, October 25, 2014

Why I love teaching!

I just had to share one of my student's notes that she left for me last week.  I have kids go in and out of my room to get a book or get some quiet time to complete their work.  This is what was left for me!  This is why I am teaching!



Progress is being made by my students.  I have seen so much growth behaviorally and academically.  One specific kid who almost led me to tear my hair out last year is finally realizing that he CAN do the work that is assigned to him.  He is more positive in completing the work and after learning how to give evidence to character traits, he even shared some evidence to why I am awesome!  See below:



We discussed how reading is beneficial by reading "Thank You, Mr. Falker"

If you don't know about this book, you should!  It really helped my kiddos in my resource class to feel better about their level of academic achievement.  Trish, the character in the book has a reading disability and struggles with reading at a lower level than the rest of her peers.  She shows frustration and determination, but just can't seem to get the help she needs.  Then she finally meets a teacher who understands her and helps her.  My kids had their jaws dropped and said, "Omg, that's what happens to me when I try reading."  


No comments:

Post a Comment