Sunday, February 15, 2015

A morning in February

     The first year I started teaching I was told that this time of the year is crazy.  I was also told that everyone starts to feel stressed, tired, and grumpy.  This saddened me because February has always been a great month for me because I love Valentines Day and it's my birthday on the 24th.  So, being a first year teacher, I stayed positive and hopeful.  I said, "No, this is a wonderful time of the year."
     Now, it's year three for me and I definitely feel stressed and tired.  I feel like the days are jammed pack more than ever and I don't have enough time!  So, I decided to blog more to keep my feelings in tact and just write about them.  I have been wanting to write at least three times a week (one of my resolutions) and I haven't even gotten close!  So, in this month of February, I will continue with my goal and keep on coming back!  To start off positive I mad my currently.  Thanks Farley!



The checklists are endless.  I have IEP's, high school staffing meetings, and getting my students prepared for the PARCC test.  This test is mighty difficult for all and my students are already struggling with the practice tests.  I have given strategies and even with those, they are still saying, "agh, this is so hard!"  

My new niece Addison is so tiny and precious.  I am her godmother (officially in April).  I can't wait to see her next weekend and bring her sweet little outfits.  I am so blessed to have wonderful nieces and nephews in my life.  Joy!  Love!  Thankful!

I can't wait until it starts to warm up!  Please, start soon!  A barista at Starbucks the other day said, "Eww it's snowing."  The another barista said, "Oh, come on, it's beautiful."  Then the first barista and I said at the same time, "I hate the snow."  hahahaha...I am glad someone is feeling the same way.  
As for my title, "Queen of Assessments," I just will simply state:  Fountas and Pinnel, WIAT, Discovery Ed, and standards based grading-  you are all keeping me up too late at night!

2 comments: