Sunday, September 6, 2015

Currently September



I am linking up with Farley today to currently share my Currently!  

I love sitting in my home in the quiet and getting stuff done.  I do enjoy music to get me going...but once I need to focus and really complete certain tasks, I love the silence (with the exception of the clicking on my keyboard as I type)

I am hopeful that my new 8th graders stay this way.  I know it's "honeymoon" stage as some people call it, but I absolutely love our students and how they respond in the classroom.  They are polite, engaged, aware of their surroundings, and they are interested in meeting us teachers!

I have already applied for grad school, but haven't done the second set of papers yet.  I need to get that going!  It starts in December!!!

I am reading a book for some motivation and professional development right now, (Fulfilling the Promise of the Differentiated Classroom), but I would like to read for pleasure.  I just don't know what I should read next.  This means I should just go on to Goodreads soon!

I am waiting for some paperwork to come through.  I just was approved for a car.  My old car is just slowly dying out.  I feel like it's wheezing every time I start it.  Poor silver bullet.  

I hope to continue to shine each week within my blogs by sharing what I read, teach, and staying positive.  

3 comments:

  1. Good to hear that you like your class this year! As for some book ideas-any of Ron Clark's books--I would say is a good read. I especially like his new book "Move Your Bus".

    Have a great school year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teach like a Pirate was a fun book to read, and short :) .
    I also would love to blog once a week! Great goal. It kind of can get any from me during the year!
    Bex
    Reading and Writing Redhead

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl! Books on my cue are: Big Little Lies, Eleanor and Park, and I started and finished Home of the Brave (Applegate) this weekend. It's so so good!

    ReplyDelete