Friday, August 8, 2014

It's starting....

School is about to start...and I was informed that I will be teaching two self-contained classes this year!  I will have three co-taught classes (Lit Studies, Language Arts, and Math) and then a self-contained Math and a self contained Language Arts.

I am truly excited to have my own classes where I can work with students at a slower pace, meet their needs, and form a community in which they feel confident academically.  In my district, our numbers of special ed students are growing.
This year, I still have a small number of students on my caseload, unless I get any new students transferring over.  I am excited to see what Summer has done to them.  The time between 7th and 8th grade is truly magical.  They change so much and come back to school ready and mature (most of them).

I will be starting to share great resources soon and can't wait to set up my classroom!  I learned about Dan Meyers at a math conference recently and found this website with great videos!  He has these 30-40 second videos that let the students think more conceptually about math!  Check it out!


http://www.livebinders.com/play/play_or_edit?id=330579

1 comment:

  1. That's exciting! Happy organizing for the start of the school year. See you at the Institute! :)

    ReplyDelete