Friday, July 3, 2015

Blog Challenge Day 3

How do I use social media in my classroom? Today I am linking up with Michelle and sticking to the challenge in July.  I can do it!

I have been teaching in a 1:1 district meaning that each student has a laptop/ipad to enhance their learning.  I have super fun stuff in the last few years like:

-student blogs (they love to see each others blogs and give recommendations, I get to read their reflections, use of strategies, and the best part is that they get to keep it after they graduate to continue blogging!
-google forms and docs (students and teachers are able to share their work and it's easy to give feedback)
-I also use twitter to post certain events or lessons when I try to remember to carry my phone with me.  Hopefully next year I will share more on twitter with my easy access to my ipad in the classroom.

Don't judge for the short list right now.  It's July 3rd and I am on vacation with my niece and nephew who are literally sitting on the table as I type.  




6 comments:

  1. I did blogging with my students one year and really liked it. I think I could really take it to the next level now that I know more. I can't wait to get my hands on our curriculum to see if I can fit it in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could picture your niece and nephew, and that made me laugh. Enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love student blogging! This past year it felt like some of their blogs were better and more interesting than mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to have my students blog! If you have any thoughts on how to make that happen in an intervention setting or know of someone in an intervention setting that has set up blogs for their kiddos I would love to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I ever make it out of Kinder again I will definitely do student blogs! Enjoy your vacay!

    ReplyDelete