Friday, August 18, 2017

Gettin' Ready For the First Day Back...

Hey bloggers out there!  It has been a LOONNNNNNG time since I've been here on my blog!  Ever since I took a few years from teaching ELA and went to Math, I didn't blog as often with my students and share as much as I wanted to....  :(  Shame on me

Now that it's one of my goals, to get back here on my blog, I am back and posting about what I have done so far to get ready this year!

I have met with my co-teachers for ELA and Math.  We are teaching a platform called, "Summit" which entails individualized learning with a base curriculum.
Here is a video as well for those who like a visual
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Our classroom is set up and looking fabulous in my opinion. Meg and I only keep one desk in our co-taught room, because we like the extra space for student learning areas. She usually uses the front little desk and I sit at the other. But we share the big desk with both of our belongings on it and make it clear that it is our room and our area together!



Sticker charts this year to incorporate our Growth Mindset goals and Summit Focus Areas! We want to reward kids at the end of each class to always end on a POSITIVE NOTE! We got that idea from our book we read, "I Wish My Teacher Knew" I totally recommend it. It's an easy read and inspires you to be more positive!



Back in my ELA room with my other co-teacher, I have created my space as well to have some conference time with students and maybe project some nice desk lighting at for independent work time as well. Rachel and I are excited to back together and co-teaching ELA! We are going to start the year off with the Outsiders. Always a classic!



I also have met my new mentee this year. She is fabulous and learning a lot so far! She will be a special education teacher in 7th grade, so we will have a lot to discuss this year!


I am very excited to share throughout the rest of the year with all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment