Saturday, July 12, 2014

Blog Challenge- Friendships


I am loving the cool breeze right now and feeling like this will be the day that I finish my book!  Goal:  Finish "Gone Girl" today!  I have 103 pages left!


Blog Challenge-Day 12:  Share about your most important friendships

     I am so excited to write about my friendships! As I get older :( and challenge myself more with my career and keep busy with my independent life, I know I still have my friends no matter what.  Let's see, my friends now are my friends that I have had since high school.  My three best friends who have been there through it all in my life.  They really understand who I am and why I do what I do.  Back in the day they were there for me within a three minute drive because we all lived so close and we basically lived for each other.  Or one of of us would wake up early and call each one to see what we were going to do that day.  It was routine for us to always be together and figure out where we were going.
     Now, when I call them, I have to answer to their kids.  "Who is that mom?"  I always have to hear my friends have two different conversations (one with me and one with their kid).  It makes me feel proud of them.  They are great mothers and work very hard.  Their children are like my nieces and nephews actually and call me Auntie Chrissy!  These ladies are very important to me and will always be a part of my life no matter how tough it gets.
     My other friends I have are my friends from work.  Gosh, I love these friends!  Sharing the same passion and being able to talk about it all is inspiring.  I'm still in my first years of teaching and feel like I always need to pick someones brain before I meet with my boss, or teach a specific lesson and I am thankful to have those people there for me.  They get how you feel on those crummy days and they get it when a student pushes every button.  NOT ONLY are they there for me during work hours, but they are there for me for a late night call, weekends, and to enjoy a night out.
     Most importantly, my mom is one of my best friends.  I know it sounds cliche, but over the the years I have realized it!  I can still think of when my brother or my dad used to tell me after fighting with her, "One day you will be best friends, so you're going to have to apologize."  I always thought, "yea right."  But she is actually and truly is one of the best!  Her working in the same school district is beneficial.  I get to see her more often ever since I moved out.  Out talks are easy and she sometimes surprises me with how well she understands my feelings towards something/somebody.  :)  I truly am lucky to have a mom who shows her love for me everyday.

A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you today, just the way you are


Here is a great friendship quote/poem about friendship throughout the years.  I love how it ends.  Enjoy!  Thanks Hollie!
http://holliesquotes.com/friendship/ideaoffriend.htm


My mom and I

3 comments:

  1. It's so nice having a mom who is also a teacher!
    Deb
    http://not-very-fancy.blogspot.com/2014/07/writing-non-fiction-in-first.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teacher friends are the best! They totally get it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your post, Christine! Your quote at the bottom: "A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you today, just the way you are" definitely could describe the relationship you have with your mom. She's our school mom and is that way with us, too. You're a lucky gal to have her. ;)

    ReplyDelete