Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Need for Blogging

I haven't blogged in so long!  I have been busy traveling back and forth to my lake house and I haven't had the time to sit or sometimes don't have a connection!  :)

I have learned that this phrase "absence makes the heart grow fonder" is true to my heart.  After being away from my boyfriend, whom I live with, I have realized how strong my love is for him.  Being home with him makes me feel safe and loved.  He is understanding of me being gone and supportive of me to be with my friends up here and now with my mom.  He knows that my summer is important time to relax and be with loved ones.  He is working his butt off everyday and I am very proud of him. He is doing the best for us!

I had a wonderful time up here with my girlfriends.  They brought up all their kids and it just melt my heart to see them have fun.  I have been coming up to my lake house since I was five years old and learned how to take in the quiet, slow paced living, and living at the beach for the day.  Their kids did the same (sometimes).  We would wake up and they would ask, "Are we going to the beach today.  What are we going to do next?  I'm hungry."  They are kids and it's assumed that they would ask a million questions, but they absolutely loved the house and staying here.  They all get along and kept busy with swimming, finding seashells, playing in the park, going for walks, and just hanging out at the house.  Spending time with my girlfriends here was splendid, just splendid.  We never get to have overnighters anymore.  We stayed up late talking on the back porch, watching sex and the city, and laughing the night away.  I will always remember this week and plan to go every year!

Let's see what else.  I have been babysitting my niece and nephew once a week this month.  They are so cute and fun to be with.  I found myself with so much to do at the exact same time (changing a diaper, to clean up a spill, and take the dog out) and I realized, "Just make sure the kids are happy FIRST."  At times, it gets a little hectic but I love it.  I love that I get to see them once a week and spend the day with them all by myself!




2 comments:

  1. Glad you're back, chica! I've missed reading your posts! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They loved being with you this Summer! We LOVED having you watch them so often, you're SUPER AWESOME with them. We're going to miss you when you go back to work, xoxoxo!

    ReplyDelete