Friday, July 11, 2014

Blog Challenge- Student's description

How would my students describe me?

They would say that I am fun and approachable.  I like to consider myself as a "go to teacher."  They can come to me for anything.  This past year, my students were dealing with many issues at home, having trouble staying on task, or social issues.  With a little talk or redirection from me, they were comfortable with my ways of helping them out.  I like to make connections to their own life during a lesson so they can stay engaged and participate more.

Posting this makes me miss my students and I can't wait to start again in August.  I really want to build more positive relationships with my students in order for them to succeed in the classroom.  We have a brand new team of teachers this year and I hope this benefits them in many ways.

2 comments:

  1. I feel exactly the same way about the power of those teacher-student relationships, which is why this is such a top priority for me in the classroom. One of my grad professors always told us, "Students don't care what you know until they know you care."

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kind of relationship you describe with your students enables them also to eagerly anticipate the upcoming school year. So cool when students look forward to learning. Your students are blessed to have you!

    ReplyDelete