Sunday, June 28, 2015

Sunday Fun-day

There are many things that I can write about...but why can't I get typing?  I feel like a writer in the movies.  They show the person on a blank page and start typing words and then they erase all of them and then they get up and seem so frustrated.  
I haven't gotten up yet and walked away frustrated, but I am going to stay and write about my friends in my life.  They are so unique in their own ways which make it perfect to have each one of them in my life the way I want them.  You know, the one you go to for love, the one you go to for advice, the one you talk about work stuff...and so on.  So here is a dedication to my friends and their wonderfulness.

it's not those who are there when you need them. it's who has been there the entire time


Rocky-  I met Rocky in 7th grade and we've been friends since.  She was always the different kind of friend that made me learn new experiences in life.  She taught me how to be spontaneous and live in the moment.  We can talk for hours on the phone about anything and laugh about the most ridiculous things.  We share everything that goes on in our life and at times we might not know what to say to each other besides, "I am sorry, that stinks you are going through that."  Usually that is just enough to know that we have each other's support.  Rocky is smart, carefree, and thoughtful.  She has always remembered certain aspects of my life that I would never think she would.  Love you Rocky.

How do you know you've found your best friend? When you are ready to talk to them about anything even though they know everything about you already.

Alexis-  I met her in high school and became friends right away.  We sang, "Complicated" by Avril Lavigne word for word during a sleep over.  We knew right after that that we were meant for each other.  Yes, Avril did that.  Alexis has always been the "mom" of the group.  She always remembers to bring something, an alternative route to take, or the best place to go to for dancing.  When I am with her, she can just finish my thoughts and sentences.  Her maternal instinct has brought her wonderful daughters into this world and I am grateful for them.  I am a godmother to her oldest, Kaleena and she is the light of my life.  She is so kind and just like her mother.  Alexis and I can quote so many movies, watch ANY movie and keep watching all day long.  She has been like a sister to me.  Love you Alexis.
and like a favorite old movie, sometimes the sameness in a friend is what you like the most about her


Jackie-  I met Jackie in middle school but became friends with her in high school.  Cheerleading is what brought us together.  We created dances, cheers, and team building activities throughout our high school years.  Hours and hours of laughing and sharing our ideas is what our relationship looks like.  She has had me do many fun things and like Rocky, she is very spontaneous as well.   Jackie is the one who forgets everything and is late to almost any event, but she makes the effort to let me know she loves me.  She is the most surprising kind of friend that I have.  Once I think I know everything, something new comes along and I'm like, "What the heck, where did that come from?"  Like when she started playing the harmonica.  hahaha!  Jackie is "just jackie"  Love you lady!
You'll always be my best friend, you know too much.



Jenny-  I met Jenny in high school.  Cheerleading was a big part of our life.  She was a year younger and Jackie and I scooped her up and brought her along everywhere we went.  She has the best laugh and the most outgoing personality.  We are two peas in a pod and have had some distance between us over the years because of school and work, but we always picked up where we left off.  That's why she is so special to me.  She can always turn my day around with a smile and glass of wine.  She has the most energy to do anything.  I am inspired by her determination and commitment to be successful in life.  She always gives 100%.  Love you Jenny!
We might be laughing a bit too loud.
I'm sorry.
It's just that we're best friends
and we can't help it.

it's just something that happens as you grow up. you realize it's less important to have more friends and it's more important to have real ones







No comments:

Post a Comment